Business Finance for Everyone [Training School]
When:Thursday, 27 April 2017, 8:30am - 5:30pm
Where:Room InterContinental 3, 3/F, InterContinental Shanghai Pudong, 上海锦江汤臣洲际大酒店，3楼洲际厅3
777 Zhangyang Road, Shanghai
Price:Member Price: RMB 1,400 plus one training credit, or RMB 2,200. Non-member Price: RMB 3,600. Inclusive of lunch, coffee & tea. (This is a pre-paid event.)
Attendees of this full-day training will gain a greater understanding of business finance by tackling a practical case study of a company in trouble, and help to direct it back on the road to success.
This course is suitable for employees at all levels as it invites people to think like business owners – so they can base their future decisions on sound business thinking. Budget holders, finance managers and office managers are highly recommended attendees.
This training brings financial statements to life through its simple, profound model of a company. Participants form the incoming management team of Apples & Oranges (A&O) Inc. – an established company that is facing some tough challenges. The company is losing market share and there are increasing demands from suppliers and customers. A&O Inc. needs a new, disciplined financial strategy.
Participants will be grouped into teams to learn how to monitor cash flow, make resource utilisation improvements, and measure results in the balance sheet and income statement.
Participants of all experience levels are able to gain new skills or build on prior experience to:
- Read and interpret financial statements.
- Identify critical elements affecting profitability.
- Analyse financial ratios and key performance indicators, and make priorities accordingly.
Participants will explore the cause-and-effect relationships that govern a company’s financial statements – and develop an intrinsic business sense that will govern their future decisions in every day work.
Participants will benefit from this course in the following ways:
- Understanding how their daily decisions impact the company strategically and financially, through learning basic business finance language and the logic of business: ”how it works”
- Continuously identifying improvements in the business processes
- Knowing how their business generates profits today, and how it will need to generate profits in the future
- Understanding the meaning of working capital and how the use of assets affects the profitability
- Gaining a better appreciation of the issues that arise when scaling a company for growth
- Learning how small changes in operations can significantly alter outcome and improve bottom-line results
- Understanding the meaning and leverage effects of value and business drivers
Soundbites from previous attendees:
“The training surpassed our expectations by a wide margin. [It] not only gives us a foundation to build on – it also crease enthusiasm and gets people involved. These are essential components for us as we launch our development programme.” – Personnel manager, Volvo Bus Corporation
“In one of our factories we came up with £1 million worth of potential improvements as a direct result of this business simulation.” – Manager, GlaxoSmithKline
- 8.30-9.00 Registration and networking
- 9.00 – 9.30 Introduction
- 9.30 – 11.00 Year 1: The story begins
- 11.00 – 11.15 Coffee break
- 11.15 – 12.15 Year 1: The good news
- 12.15 – 13.15 Lunch
- 13.15 – 15.30 Year 2: An ambitious goal for growth
- 15.30 – 15.45 Coffee break
- 15.45 – 17.00 Year 3: Many small wins / Winning the right customers
- 17.00 – 17.30 Next steps and evaluations
- 17.30 End of day
Cancellation Policy: Please note that if you need to cancel this booking, we must receive your cancellation by email no less than 48 hours in advance of an event. If we do not receive the cancellation notice by this time, the Chamber will have to charge you the full-price for the event, as this is necessary to cover costs automatically incurred by the Chamber on the registered attendees’ behalf.
Richard is a British Organisational Psychologist working for Celemi in Shanghai and is a Lead Facilitator of Celemi solutions.
Richard believes in interactive and fun learning experiences and he delivers learning solutions focusing on business acumen, leadership, project management, strategy implementation and organisational alignment.
Richard has been working in China since 2006 and is fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
1870 180 1526