Bright Eyes Project – Visit to Lixin County (15-17 January)
When:Sunday, 15 January 2017 until Tuesday, 17 January 2017
12:00pm - 5:00pm
Where:Lixin County, 利辛县
Cost:Please see the approximate costs for the trip below.
Following our visit to Lixin in November, where we tested the eyesight of children in rural schools, we are looking for volunteers to join us on our trip to deliver glasses to those children who we tested on the previous trip.
We will be leaving on the afternoon of Sunday, 15 January and arriving back in Shanghai on Tuesday, 17 January in the early evening.
The basic outline is as follows:
- Sun 15 Jan (afternoon - tbc): Leave Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station in the afternoon, travelling to Bengbu South Railway Station. Then travel by car/bus to our hotel in Lixin
- Mon 16 Jan (all day): Delivering glasses to students and teachers in Lixin
- Tue 17 Jan (morning): Delivering glasses to students and teachers in Lixin
- Tue 17 (afternoon): Leave Lixin and arrive back in Shanghai early evening
The approximate costs for the trip are as follows:
- RMB 500 (Return train tickets, second class)
- RMB 250/person (Transportation in Lixin)
RMB 168/night/double room (breakfast included)
Food & Beverage
RMB 50 per meal (lunch & dinner)
If you are interested in joining this trip, and would like further information, then please contact Barry Kirkwood.
+86 21 6218 5022 ext. 42